Monday, February 17, 2020

My first 5K run in New Westminster

Feb. 17, 2020

Introduction


It is the first test run for Chinese iRun group. We had to take the run test and this was the first time in my life that I ran 5K nonstop.

First 5K run


The coach ran with last 5 circles with me since I am the last one in terms of speed. All team members told me work hard when they passed me, the fastest one passed me more than 4 times. The best one finished 5 K run with 24 minutes. My record is 48 minutes 30 seconds.

I learn the importance to warm up, and also how to push myself to limit. Do not stop. Last 4 ciricles are mental game. I just needed to run and do not think about stopping.

After I finally completed 5K, in less than 5 minutes, I felt normal and did not feel anything stressed.

I love running. With good coaches, I will definitely continue to train myself. My next run is Feb. 18, 7:30 PM, another 5 K run.

It is simple. I just need to push myself keep running 50 minutes. That is all.




No comments:

Post a Comment