Monday, February 17, 2020

Why I need more disciplined sports?

Feb. 17, 2020

Introduction


I had my first 5 K run since I joined a Chinese running train group, and the coaches like us to take 5 K test. As a tennis player, I found out that I could not run as people in running group. I like to write a short research how important it is to get through those running training and get back to my fitness.

Running group


I joined the group with runners, those are with more running experience. I had some difficult to discipline myself to run 5 K and non-stop. The coach ran with me last 2500 meters, and he told me that last half is mental game. I should let myself to run as I can. Every one in the training told me to work hard using Chinese, "加油"。

I can play tennis more than two hours. But running nonstop for 48 minutes is the first time and I knew how hard it is for me as a 53 years old, weight 192 lb today. I do not have to carry so many weight, and I am glad to choose running as my sports. I like to stay fit and one thing I can do is to learn the new sports, and meet those people with different mindset.


No comments:

Post a Comment