Sunday, May 24, 2020

OVV.TO talk - Think like an institution investor Blackstone

May 24, 2020

Introduction


It is controversial topic related to build good investment habit, choose distressed stock after market crash with three circuit break. I like to do a short research how to draw a line between gambling and speculation after OVV.TO dropped 90% price on March 27, 2020. I should learn how to identify the business opportunity from gambling instinct.

Blackstone as a buyer of OVV.TO


Blackstone made purchase over 1 million share of OVV.TO around March 27, 2020 as well. If I invest $40,000 using my TFSA account fund, I do not think that my purchase will be sorted of gambling behavior.

Buy low and sell high, it is taking some risk before everything is clear if OVV.TO deserves to have over 90% loss, from 30 billion capital business to 3 billion dollars business. We all know that all business are inflated after 10  year bull market.

Capitalism is also a big issue, USA government tried to get in and do not like to see market has free fall, and let things go as worse as is.



No comments:

Post a Comment