Sunday, May 31, 2020

Wechat storage backup and restore: My samsung S6 27GB disk space

May 31, 2020

Introduction


I ran into mobile phone storage less than 20 MB. I removed some images from the phone. But I had to come out the solution quickly to solve the issue. I could not login wechat on my phone. I removed one GPS app to release 200 MB space. Later I figured out how to remove wechat internal storage, but I do have to keep some chat history as well this time. I like to write down my learning process.

Wechat internal history


I have to keep some chat history so that I can learn from my own experience as a wechat player. I found the article how to backup the chat history through computer version of wechat this time. And I like to restore chat history as well. Restore chat history is my first time.

It is the first time  I learned to work better with wechat app. I ran into mobile phone storage issue, and I just did first time backup and restore on wechat app. I like to write down the steps and then review them later .

Wechat storage backup and restore


It is tough for me to work with 27 GB storage on my mobile phone. I have to use wechat app to connect to my friends and relatives on wechat. The internal data of wechat was 2GB, and storage space of my mobile phone is 400 MB after I removed a GPS app to free the space.

Here are steps to follow:


  1. Always try to keep 1 GB storage space on my mobile phone;
  2. Connect wechat on desktop version, backup chat history - I chose three chat history this time;
  3. Delete all internal data from Samsung settings -> apps -> wechat -> internal data
  4. Restore chat history from wechat computer version -> I chose to restore 3 chat history
  5. Now my mobile phone with 27 GB disk size has 2 GB storage space. 
I should consider to work on this backup, deletion of internal data and then restore once a month. 


No comments:

Post a Comment