Monday, August 31, 2020

Good communication: Phone calls

 August 31, 2020

Introduction

It is my understanding for Willingdom church small group activities. Best communication should be face-to-face or phone conversation. Not using wechat, typing. Personal life and work experience is most helpful for others to learn from. Today I got a phone call from my SJTU 1984 to 1998 classmate from different major. 

Investment group and 12-people group

I tried to maintain close relationship for investment group. So I also try to limit the number of people in the group. It is hard for us to break ice and get face-to-face communications. I tried a few times this month, but I failed a few times. Specially when I failed to make purchase of $45,000 dollars Canadian dollars on Canadian oil stocks on August 24, 2020. 

I got invitation from my friend in investment group, she called me and we talked over one hour. This is the third or fourth call we had together. I am a beginner as a stock investor, she has more experience than me. She told me that she made over $10,000 gains in August 2020. She has 10 - 12% return on her investment portfolio. 

Last time when we talked, she said that she did not think Facebook could do much better than others, from June 5 to August 30, Facebook has 30% return. 

We cannot beat the market. But at least we are learning to work together, and share tips how to understand business, what to invest and figure out what are best for us to learn. 

Stock purchases:

CCL, BA, INTC, SAVE, BAC, YINN




No comments:

Post a Comment