Monday, June 21, 2021

Google offline map | Make it work | Disable mobile data | Only use WiFi to download

 June 21, 2021

Introduction

It is hard for me to fix my Google offline map issue. I tried to look up Google for the issues a few times, finally I made it work. 

Highlights

  1. Remove all download maps, only download one offline map - Vancouver area;
  2. Turn off Wi-Fi, and then go to Google map. It supposes to work automatically if I choose my home address, but it shows the message saying that "Try again";
  3. Google again, find the article to make sure turn off setting for location, wifi-only; Here is one of article I read;
  4. Read one of Google support article, here is the link. I tried but it did not work; 
  5. Continue to google search, and then find the article to turn off mobile data; 
  6. I have Roger pay as you go, even though Roger does not provide data service, but my Google map does not work. 
  7. Go to Settings -> mobile data usage -> turn the options (Stream and download) off. 

Here is the article. 

How do I disable my mobile data and only use WiFi to download?

Please go to “Settings” -> “Mobile Data Usage”, and turn the options (Stream and Download) off. You can also choose to go to your phone’s mobile data settings, and disable Castbox to use your mobile data.

No comments:

Post a Comment