Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Gray stock: My lessons | How to perform better in short squeeze?

 June 16, 2021

Introduction

I like to write down something to help me to trade better on gray stock. I did not do anything and then gray stock went up from 4.5 to 8.5, and then went down $5.1. 

Lessons learned

It is tough for me to learn economy real situation and pandemic job market. I spent one hour to attend HackerX event yesterday after work, I knew that it is tough for so many progammers to find a job. 

So it is important to keep learning on stock market, and work better with others on investing. 

Here are highlights:

  1. My friend on wechat told me that Gray stock went up; 
  2. I also  noticed the short squeeze when it started; 
  3. My friend shared with me she sold 300 shares of GRAY stock at $6.9;
  4. I watched the gray stock went up $8.5;
  5. I sent three messages to three wechat group - is it a short squeeze - gray stock. 
Now look at the chat:


Yahoo -> Finance -> Portfolio, Gray position


  1. Learn how to determine it is top; if I could not figure out, then I should sell 50% of shares of GRAY at 8.5/ share;
  2. Next day Gray stock may continue to be squeezed, but I should set stop loss, so that I can sell 100% shares around 5.7/ share;
  3. Take risk to lose all $9000 dollars to learn how to invest this risky biotech stock, stay on track;
  4. Take 30 minutes to write down a blog to learn how to deal with depressed feeling after my technical mistakes. 
  5. Share with others. Important is to copy others and do not overthink. 

Follow up 

June 16, 2021
I should have purchased 1000 to 3000 shares of GRAY stocks when the price went down around $3.6/ share instead of 100 shares. 

It is risky to work on TFSA account since there is loss around $3000 dollars. I should take more risk since NOK stock had 30% gains with 3500 shares position. 

Follow up 

June 16, 2023
I can tell that I was in wrong direction to be a good investor. 

I can tell a few things wrong in my thinking back on July 16, 2021. 
  1. I chose not to be a long term investor back in 2021. Bet on price flunctuation!
  2. I should read more carefully about my writings - Take risk to lose all $9000 dollars! This is so dangerous thinking. 
  3. Too much risk to work on GRAY stock back in 2021. 
  4. I searched finviz.com and then found this biotech stock. My selection criteria were wrong. 

Follow up

Oct. 19, 2023
I subscribed morningstar.com, and I should not invest any stock not listed on morningstar.com, any stock without rating. 

GRAY stock is a zero-income stock, and nothing inside the company. It is the company which have no value. 

Follow up 


Feb. 23, 2024
I read the articles related to Jim Paul - How I lose millions of dollars?, and I started to learn how to protect my capital. 


No comments:

Post a Comment