Thursday, August 18, 2022

How do I configure WordPress to talk to a Microsoft SQL Server database?

Here is the link. 

We have are building a WordPress site on our intranet site and wish to connect it to a Microsoft SQL Server.

I have downloaded and configured PHP and PHP Manager on IIS.

I have also downloaded SQL Server DLL from the list of answered questions that popped on as I was typing the title of this thread.

I downloaded those DLLs inside the PHP folder as instructed.

When I fired up the server address to install WordPress, I was prompted to provide SQL DB name, username, password and DB hostname.

I have also downloaded wp-db-Abstraction plugin, put the wp-db-abstraction.php file into the folder where the WordPress files are saved, put the wp-db-abstraction folder into wp_content as instructed by the online article I was reading. Inside this folder, there is a db.php file. I also copied this db.php file into foldername where the rest of the downloaded WordPress files reside.

No comments:

Post a Comment