Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Linkedin profile: Nadah Feteih | Layoff message | Nov. 29, 2022

 After 2 internships, 2 years and 10 months, 2 promotions, and a multitude of projects and experiences - my time at Meta has come to an end. 


I was affected by the #metalayoffs and have taken the last few weeks to process and reflect on this situation. My ambition, drive, and purpose has been a strong driving force in the first few years of my career. My time at Meta was spent working on #privacy teams for two of the largest apps, Messenger and Instagram. I also worked with both the Faith and Charitable Giving teams as an engineer during the month of Ramadan to build features and also drive partnerships, delivering over 400 live-streaming cameras to mosques across the country. My most memorable experiences and contributions have gone beyond my immediate job title, and I’ll always remember the months I spent escalating content enforcement issues with other “internal activists” at the company. I have always prioritized meaningful work and am proud of what I accomplished in my short time here, and was ready to take on a new role at Meta. 

A day prior to the layoffs I had just signed a new offer with Meta to teach as part of the Engineer in Residence program and would have joined Georgia State University for a semester as a faculty member starting in January. The chance to give back by joining a minority serving institution and working with students again (as described in the “Why We Build” feature linked in the comments) was a dream of mine. However, due to the unfortunate timing of the layoff, the transition to this new role was deemed no longer possible which has made this situation the most difficult and disappointing. 

I know this will not be the first (or last) opportunity that aligns with my interests, values, and passion. I will be taking some time to figure out my next move and would love to connect with anyone in this industry, academia, or graduate school to hear your experiences and stories. And feel free to pass along any positions or roles that align with my background and passions. I’m looking forward to embracing the uncertainty that the future may bring, and I know that staying true to myself will only open doors to contribute to causes and take on a new role with an even greater purpose and mission.

#techlayoffs #softwareengineer  #opentowork

No comments:

Post a Comment