Sunday, September 3, 2017

My first android phone

Sept 3, 2017

I have to plan to get a new mobile phone for my coming china trip starting from Oct. 4, 2017. My first android phone was not able to start after the hiking trip, and I need a unlocked phone to travel in China.

I have the phone with me last 2 years. I bought the Nexus 5 used phone from crystal mall in Burnaby, and it is refurbished one. The phone's camera stopped working from January 2017 and it stopped to boot up starting from Sept. 3 after soaking with water. I used to have iphone 4S, and then I got complained about mobile website design issue, I usually used the simulated mobile device underneath google browser. I need to get to know various mobile devices at work, I got an iphone 6 for testing at work starting February 2017, and also it was good experience to experience Android device.

I found one, and I like to choose a used one. Bet on bestbuy.ca and its partner JP mobiles.
Samsung phone on bestbuy.ca, Samsung Galaxy S6 32GB smartphone - Sapphire Black - Unlocked - Certified Pre-owned - online only. Here is the link. The price is around $394.95.

Research and Study


It is the first time I brought up a discussion how to do shopping research with a graduate from university of Victoria linguistic major, I was amazed how my friend did good research and what good conversation we had on the search of products, comparison with different products over 30 minutes.

I was always teased by a friend that "we are getting old, young people are taking over". It is true that I have great time to learn and see how my friend with linguistic major demonstrated her thought process. One thing I like to say that the education she got is great. She learns most critical skills, analyze and learning abilities.

Be a outlier


I did some study on the course: be an outlier, the main idea is to be slack financially, one of ideas is to buy used ones. In order to practice those rules learned from the course, I like to apply my mobile phone purchase in a week.


Funny Story


I did some study this morning 9/4/2017 10:30 am labor day long weekend on autotrader.ca on linkedin, and then I was surprised that the samsung phone on bestbuy.ca I did research shows up. And I did study tennis player Sharapova on facebook.com, the walmart phone I did study also showed up. Unbelievable advertisement, I was followed everywhere.


Follow up

9/8/2017
I got the phone, and started to read the tips to use the phone.

The article is here about a few tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment