Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Need an excuse

July 31, 2018


Introduction


We will have a get-together in the city of Vancouver this Thursday with our college statistics teacher who taught us Probability course. I still remember the time he gave us a coaching session how to work on probability. He was our probability teacher when he was only less than 25 years old, we were math undergraduate students in Shanghai Jiaotong university.

It is time for me to meet the statistics teacher back in 1985, over 33 years ago with my two other classmates of Shanghai Jiaotong University this Thursday. We three of us are in the city of Vancouver, and we will meet our teacher, who is department of head of Statistics department in the Connecticut ranking 44. Here is the link and here is the professor link.

I like to write a blog about "Need an excuse", since I try to give myself 20 minutes therapy to talk about how mathematics teaches us to prove things. I like it as an excuse to help myself out today.

Why I need an excuse?


I have to learn to take risk and then solve given problem in less than 15 minutes; most of important I have to quickly identify what are my concerns. In order for me to do that, I need to communicate with the peer what my concern is, how to get into the success of problem solving.

The problem is that my object-oriented programming skills is kind of weak; and then I have to relate to iterator to sorting. I did not question that every lists are sorted and will be iterated on. I need to get the sorted list based on multiple lists, merge a sorted list based on multiple sorted lists.

So many things are under my investigations. I did not come out what problem I should solve in first 15 minutes.


If one of lists is not sorted then the whole plan will be problematic


My argument is if one of lists is not sorted in ascending order, then the whole plan will not work.





No comments:

Post a Comment