Sunday, December 2, 2018

Case study: 2014 rental car in Philadephia

Dec. 2, 2018

Introduction


I just had my personal finance month this Nov. 2018. Now it is December 2. I learned from the fact that I could not invest the property in 2014 and 2015, one mistake I thought was to follow up after the visit of Abbotsford uptown condo site in Dec. 2014. Based on the management experience, I know that I must have at least over 10 cases not to listen and observe the way I can make or save money over one hundred dollar amount. I like to find those ones and I like to do case study.

Case study


I had a friend who invited me to attend the get-together in Philadelphia in 2014 with our Ph.D. advisor. I made a plan to attend, and then I added two more things. One is to drop by Boca Raton, Florida, with a rental car, visited my renters and rental property after five years; Another thing is to add a rental car in Philadelphia.

Do I take time to learn how to save and solve problems on the travel?

My friend in Florida kept asking me why you stopped by Florida, I told him that the trip was extra to my Philadelphia trip.

My professor friend advised me to take the public transit in Philadelphia. She did not rent the car, I had so many classmates, they all are professors, they do not rent the car at all, they chose to use public transit.

I reviewed my personal finance, and then I came cross this expense. I tried to reason to myself. How do I make plan and budget? The trip included the visit to Florida, ticket price is $750, and then whole trip costed more than $1,500 us dollars.

In order to save money, learn to be a good investor, I have to start from the small amount, I have to learn how to save $200.00 dollars first, how to use public transit, how to work with friends, take the advice. Try something new. Do not choose money to solve all the problems.

Here is the receipt I put into my personal finance github folder.

$60.00 dollar for loss damage, and $40.00 dollars for tax; when I budget, I only check the daily rental price $29.00 dollars. $60 dollar budget ended up paying $163 dollars, extra $100 dollars.

Use public transit, I can solve the problem in less than $50.00 dollars. Instead I chose to rent a car and ended up paying more than $250.00 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment