Saturday, December 1, 2018

950 reveal cards in increasing order

Dec. 2, 2018

Introduction


It is very challenging algorithm. I studied leader board after the contest, a lot of top ranking 500,  or submission with more than 5,000, or solved 500 algorithms, they still score the same score as I do. Those players solved the first two algorithms as well. I felt much better, and I decided to write a blog to explain why my idea will not work in theory.

My practice


I came out the idea but it did not work. Instead I went ahead to try to write a solution in the contest, over 30 minutes. After the contest, I spent another 30 minutes. And then I studied all 28 discuss post.

I like to write down my idea and the analysis, and then look into facts, argue why it will not work. What I should work on to advance my skills in problem solving.


No comments:

Post a Comment