Monday, January 14, 2019

Case study: clothing expenses 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2007

Jan. 14, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I do not know how much I spent on clothing in United States until today. I like to do a case study on those expenses.

Case study


Here is my personal finance github folder.

I do not know how much I spent on clothing shopping in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2007 until 19 years later. I did personal finance research starting from Nov. 2018, I came out the idea to calculate the amount last few days.


Stores - purchase amount 



Clothing - Store - purchase




Actionable Items 


Most important is the problem solving skills. The thinking process is so important. I should push myself to learn personal finance. Through my analysis, I understood how much time I wasted on the worry. Even I chose to be a Christian in 2001, I still have to learn how to master personal finance. I am glad to make decision to start to learn Nov. 2017 the first time in my life, I like to spend 300 hours first. 

I did purchase a condo using $10,000 US dollar in 1999 August, my elder sister purchased a condo in 2000, I paid the cost less than $8,000 US dollars. But however, I did not learn how to solve my problems in terms of building wealth, grow rich; I never thought about saving every day, I should purchase a condo in Shanghai. Why? Shanghai is the biggest city, I lived and worked there from 1984 to 1996, 12 years.

Delay gratification


I should learn money rules called delay gratification.

I spent over $5,500 us dollar on clothing.

Clothing shopping definitely was a biggest waste. I did not know that the small amount can be added up quickly to big amount. Even I have a mathematics major, but good habit to handle money, purchase, I like the statement, a pen, a paper, a diligent heart to write down all expenses in every penny.  Be careful Small leaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment