Monday, January 14, 2019

Case study: 1999 August - 2002 July

Jan. 14, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I like to work on the research I chose not to rent out the extra bedroom when I purchased the condo in August 1999. What are possible reasons? How should I make decision based on my personal finance?

Case study


It was economic bubble. I graduated with computer science master degree in Dec. 1998,  and I got a full time job. I purchased a home in 1999 August. I decided not to rent the extra bedroom, market rate is $350 US dollars. I had full time job until Sept. 2001. I did not try to rent out the bedroom 35 months. That is $ US dollars 12250.

It was very tough for me to find a better stable job, I worked for a few startup companies. I got Microsoft phone screen in 2000 but I could not pass the phone screen.

I started to learn how to rent out extra bedroom in 2002.

I paid interest 7.125 on my mortgage, and my loan amount is $25,000. In August 1999, I did not have any saving left after I purchased the home. I had car loan, and it was very tough and I worked for a startup company.



No comments:

Post a Comment