Tuesday, January 1, 2019

My top three biggest mistakes in personal finance

January 1, 2019

Introduction


I am so glad to celebrate new year's day to stay at home to work on my personal finance. I find my third biggest loss in my personal finance from 2001 to 2019. This one is the decision I made from 2000 in purchase and 2002 in sell. VIGRX mutual fund in my IRA stock account back in Florida, USA. I could not believe that my achievement of new year's day in 2019. I like to write a blog called top three biggest mistakes in my personal finance.


My top three biggest loss


No.1 mistake is the one I found in new year's day 2019.

Top one mistake is VIGRX mutual fund purchase and sold in 2002. I did not understand growth index fund, recession, time is on my side a few concepts. I was too young and did not learn to document my finance decision and review them in December holiday season as a single person, I did this first time starting from Nov. 2018.

I documented the loss using a case study. Here is the link.

No. 2 is my SONY laptop purchase in 2002. I found the receipt in Nov. 2017, I was so shocked to find out how much I paid. I totally forgot the price I paid, the good quality of product, I still made two more laptop purchase from 2002 to 2010. I left the laptop to my friend's house in 2010 when I left Florida. I did not take it back in 2014. I need to get it back and enjoy the good quality of a laptop, it should be good for me to write some C# algorithm and practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment