Monday, May 6, 2019

Case study: Journey From Mathematics to Finance

May 6, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I like to write my journey from mathematics to finance research from 1996 to 2019. I like to figure out why I develop the interest to study the finance and try to solve my finance problem as a single Canadian over 50 years old.

1996 August


I still remembered the joy to get F1 visa and got teaching assistantship from Florida Atlantic University. I was so excited. I worked full time from 1994 to 1996 two years, and then I purchased a super expensive airline ticket around $6000 RMB. When I came to Florida, I ran out of money to pay the student insurance. I had to ask a loan from Math Chinese professor less than $1000 dollar to pay insurance, and waited the teaching assitantship to pay back.

I lived in the math professor's home in the biggest living room I had visited the first time for the first three days. And then I moved to a 2 bedroom apartment with a Physics major student as a roommate. 13 st, meadow reach.


No comments:

Post a Comment