Friday, April 24, 2020

Business plan: 100 share delta airline stocks at price below $26 dollars in my USA IRA account

April 24, 2020

Introduction


I am a rookie in the stock market and came back from May 2019. I like to make plans for my IRA retirement account. What should I do in order to make better return with low interest rate and also beat SPX in short term like 3 to 5 years. I like to purchase 100 share Delta airline stocks.

Business plan


I like to think more based on the following highlights.


  1. Take risk, Delta airline may go bankruptcy. Right now, all airlines are distressed. But Delta has best rating based on financial statement. 
  2. I could not learn how to day trading in short time period. I like to be a scholar, act on planning first;
  3. I do believe that business travel is essential, people love them, specially management teams in every company;
  4. I do think that it is challenge to attract people back to flights. But I will let airline folks figure out;
  5. How to time the market? Before any breakout on new drugs, test kits come out? Or SPX another dip? I have to figure out...
  6. Maybe it is possible Delta airline stock price can go down below $5.00 dollars, then I will purchase 400 shares instead of 100 shares.
  7. Personally I like to support US economy. 90,000 employees got paycheck from the government, they should work on something, creative and proactive for the company, but I do not see anything through the internet. The whole crew shows less competitive compared to Google and Facebook;
  8. I do not have other plans for stocks. It is risky for one stock, my Ameritrade already have 1800 stocks. GE, Ford, if I have 100 Delta, then I should get 100 cruiseline.
  9. I need to focus on investment common mistakes, focus on learning basics. My psychology of investment is not so good, I will think about it at work;
  10. I am super talent programmer but I am playing with simple stock picking game! I need to have something on paper first. 

Exit plan


I do think that it is good for holding long term. Since Canada airline last 10 years brought 10 times return. I do think that Delta may give me 100% return in less than five years. 

I will use those fund after 60 year old. I will purchase tickets to fly some place, as a frugal person, I rely on Amazon, Facebook onsite interview for luxury hotel, airline ticket expense in 2018 and in 2019. 

I want to go back to my favorite algorithm practice daily. Make a plan, and come back to review it in 2 - 3 days, get some feedbacks. 

References:

1. Here is the article about bailout recently in April. 

No comments:

Post a Comment