Tuesday, July 21, 2020

How to give good impression to a Facebook manager through phone screen?

As a reminder, please keep these 4 criteria in mind during your technical interview:
  • Communication: Ask clarifying questions around the problem before solving 
  • Speed: One of our values here is moving fast 
  • Verification and testing: bug free as possible, talking through edge cases 
  • Problem-solving: Finding a working solution


Based on my own experience, the second algorithm is hard to approach the problem using dynamic programming. I like to push myself think about more about the solution, and then I remember that it is better to have a working solution. I only have 20 minutes after the first algorithm. I have to be able to write the code and test the code and make sure it works. 

To lower the risk, I did not choose to take risk to go for analysis of dynamic programming solution. It is tough decision. 

Go to brute force solution second one, if I have time, then I will write an optimal solution. It is not easy to approach the problem, but I have to solve it first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment