Monday, July 29, 2019

10 hard things to learn system design

July 29, 2019

I like to write a short blog about 10 hard things to learn system design. I understand that it is important for me to learn system design, since I have spent more than 5 years to work on algorithm and data structure, I should start to learn system design since it will open opportunity for me as a software programmer.

10 hard things to learn related to system design


I will think about and then write down one by one.

Follow up 

Nov. 15, 2019

I always like to support myself. So I like to put together 10 hard things in less than 10 minutes. Here we go.

1. Very good engineer will fail system design, even though he/ she has a lot of years experience. Learning system design is different from doing a good job at your full time work;
2. System design is broad area to work on, prepare and talk about in onsite interview. In order to prepare for better performance, one person should work hard on generic communication skills, how to relate to basic concept related to distributed system, cache, storage, load balancer etc., sometimes also hard level algorithm in problem solving, quick to write code for the idea.
3. System design is the time and place to show your passion as a software engineer. You like to show your determination to solve the problem together, and earn big bonus in potential at real work. Facebook or Amazon is my desired company, if I am asked to solve a problem, I should show my good analysis and easy-to-work-together talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment