Sunday, July 21, 2019

Case study: First two months back in stock market in 2019

July 21, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I just completed the first 60 days in stock market after 10 years break from 2009 to 2019. I like to write a few lessons I learn and how I should push myself to learn more about personal finance literacy.

Case study


I set up a portfolio on my Par 401 K, and then set up a portfolio on my USA IRA on Ameritrade.com, and also set up a portfolio on Canada TFSA account.

First month is tough. I learned that I experienced different emotions through the experience. I learn to follow my research, and just do it.

Porfolio Key Largo IRA account



Profit: $651.66 (+3.42%)
Annualized yield
+26.74% over 75 days
Cost: 19069.19
Return: 19720.85
Buy:19,514,14,
Sell: 0.00
Dividend: 126.71



Here are highlights:
1. Install JStock app on my Samsung phone;
2. Go over all links and features on Ameritrade.com
3. Go over all links on Questrade.com
4. Go over all Charles Schwab links on my Par 401 K
5. Download all statements, and study page by page
6. Keep learning on CNBC, try to understand basics, like yield curve, long term bond, etc.
7. Spend time wisely. Do not peek so often.
8. Talk about the portfolio, and then I can release some stress


What I did correctly


I just think that I should not time the market. I should stay positive, and take loss if bear market comes in less than six months or 12 months; I still have to study how to rebalance my portfolio if bear market comes.

I thought a lot of times if I should dollar cost average, but I noticed that time is wasted if I park all the fund in money market fund.

What I should do next


I like to read more about investment, so that I can learn more about basics.



No comments:

Post a Comment