Sunday, August 9, 2020

My cheat plan: Watch TAO talk over 10 times - 200 minutes

 August 9, 2020

Introduction

It is a small project I like to work on. How to build strong foundation of system design? What I like to do is to play TAO talk 10 times, and each time I like to find some articles to read and then I can understand the topic better. 

10 times repetitions

The idea I can look into can be the following:

  1. Sharding in cache vs sharding in database
  2. Lead cache and follower cache - 
  3. Write-through cache topic
  4. TAO - object associations - product engineer - a small chat about my understanding
  5. Challenge - high read availability - how to work on the challenge?
  6. Failover and replication data center
  7. ...

Actionable items


I did spend almost 10 times to watch the videos, and I do think that it is so helpful for me to learn one system design very well. So I can use it for the template in short future. 

This TAO design covers a few good topics, scalable, high availability of reading, timelyness of reading, and social graph, how to model social graph using TAO - association and object, and how to design cache considering data center and leader and follower caches. 

Follow up

August 15, 2020

TAO tech talk link is here

No comments:

Post a Comment