Monday, July 12, 2021

3 days preparation | 10 algorithms to practice | Failed phone screen

 July 12, 2021

Introduction

Hard work beats talent. I have to prepare and practice over 100 algorithms, at least I should fail 10 times in my practice first so that my spirit will go high and be ready to face whatever challenge it is. I like to write a short blog to remind myself, do not waste the opportunity again. 

3 day preparation | 10 algorithms to practice | Failed phone screen

I just could not believe that I should learn how to work hard and prepare better next time for phone screen. 

  1. First I should try to practice continuously at least 3 days, 3 * 8 hours a day; 
  2. Next I should think about how to make the task simple, and work on naive test case and make sure that code works for simplest case, like a tree with only one node, and then two nodes;
  3. Do not be afraid. Always be confident. I should be responsible. I should be flexible, and focus on current situation;
  4. One thing I can do is to try to solve the problem, and make simple test case works first;
  5. When I test the code, I should run the code with the simple test case; Communicate better as well. 
  6. Do not feel frustrated. Next time if I prepare bring-home assignment, I should start to prepare for phone screen. 
  7. One week for bring-home assignment, one week for phone screen. 
  8. I should have time to review algorithms. Just take some breaks once or twice a day. Study the algorithm, and work on coding.
  9. I do believe that coding is so important, if I stop working on coding and run code against Leetcode, then I become totally a different person. I do not think and plan things carefully. 
  10. Remember, I need Leetcode as a tool to help me train myself. Think more efficiently as a programmer. 
  11. No one is perfect. Always practice. And stay positive all the time. I can be so close to make the code work.
  12. Try to make things work. Talk less. Act fast. Come out ideas to save myself if I am in trouble. 


No comments:

Post a Comment