Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Installing SQL Server Native Client | 20 minutes reading | My troubleshooting skills

July 21, 2021


Installing SQL Server Native Client


I had issues related to Microsoft Excel 2013 -> Powerpivot -> Existing connection, the excel sheet is automatically updated with new version of Powerpivot from 2010 to 2013 or 2016. 

Actually, I found the issue. I did spend a few hours yesterday to work on the issue:

I found that there is advanced button in existing connection:

Provider=SQLNCLI11;Data Source=****;Persist Security Info=True;Password=**********;User ID=sa;Initial

My old powerpivot connection is using SQLNCLI10, now the installed version is SQLNCLI11. I did not know that sqlclient is installed with 2012 version. But old one is using SQLNCLI10. 

The error message saying that SQLCLI10 is not registered. 






No comments:

Post a Comment