Saturday, July 10, 2021

Why did I choose not to actively look for a software engineer job?

July 10, 2021

Introduction

It is my short research topic. I like to write down some ideas and work on this research more if I have time. 

Love the technology

I do think that it is so enjoyable to read books written for large distributed system. I like to spend time reading and learn better compared to writing code. I do think that it is the best time for me to learn better about life. If I had a choice, then I would like to learn more and read more. I like the job to provide the challenge for me, and always let me try new things. 

Love the stock market and equity research

I also love to work on equity research. There are so many businesses I would like to learn more about it. It is so important for me to learn how not to trade my time with salary by hour. I am 55-year-old, so I will be healthier and happier, and enjoy my life another 20 to 30 years. 

Coding is hard | Crafting skills are not easy to acquire 

I do think that in the last five years I spent over 10,000 hours on coding, but I should have read more about large distributed systems and learned more about business and worked on more on equity research. 

Coding is a challenge. I do not have time to code daily, so I should think carefully how to improve my efficiency at work, after work and weekends. 

Follow up 

Oct. 20, 2023

It takes a lot of time to apply for jobs. I think that it is better to invest on things I enjoy most, live happier and healthier instead. 

Learn to live frugal, and also make a living by living under my means. 


No comments:

Post a Comment