Saturday, July 10, 2021

What defines a good programmer | My coding skills | My favorite thing | What I should learn

July 10, 2021

Introduction

It was a busy week. I noticed this past Thursday morning the website was not working, and I like to write down something and later will come back to review. 

Lessons learned | What I should should learn

I learned that my old computer at work could not power up. I was able to open the box and found out that there is SSD card with 512 GB storage, and I need to install Microsoft visual studio 2012 professional on my new computer. 

I noticed that I did not save a few project into github, and I did not fully back up all projects in github. I have to wait until next Monday to get an adapter, the source code can be transferred from my old hard disk. 

Read more books | System design

I need to read more books about system design. I just could not believe that it is best and efficient way to read books, besides going through youtube videos and Linkedin premium courses. I need to find time to read and learn by reading well-written technical books, but I have to figure out how to squeeze time. I need 2 hours a day to walk 9 KM from office to home as well. 

Right now I cut my working hours from 8 to 6 hours/day sometimes in summer time. I also like to think about more carefully on this issue. Missing hours will reduce my time to learn things at work. 

Good programmer | Code once a while 

I just could not believe that I need to be more responsible once I code something on Leetcode.com. I need to make it work, force myself to think carefully and be patient to learn lessons. 

I just could not believe that last three weeks I did not code very often. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment