Thursday, February 29, 2024

Q4 2023 Earnings | My lesson to learn | Do not gamble on earnings | Wait after earnings report | Analayze, and take some actions


#DoNotGambleOnEarnings #Q42023Earnings #Emails #AskFriend #BetOnSABR #BetOnSABRQ42023 #Loss18000USDollars #SABRDrop40Percent #SABRDrop32Percent 



Thu, Feb 8, 3:07 PM

 

NET stock went up 20% after earnings report. 


I tried to figure out what stocks to purchase based on earnings yesterday, using tipranks smartscore, and also IBD composite rating, and then I learned that I should spend time to read tipranks news under each stock quickly and make judgements. 

BTI went up 6%, Wynn went up, RL and TPSR, DIS, and I did not bet on any of them. 

Here is my note: 

I remembered that citi 2024 wealth outlook shared 10 convictions, second one is cybersecurity, and government will spend more money on security, also AI brings out more needs for security. 

I just read the article as well. 

citi wealth outlook 2024 

My note

I will do some research for tomorrow earning companies tonight. Let me know your thoughts, I will share my study notes. 

Fri, Feb 9, 5:56 AM

Earnings reports certainly affect individual stock prices, especially in the short term. If only one had a foolproof way of predicting the future, all stock pickers would be rich. I'm sure researching analysts' opinions helps, but they can be wrong too. Cramer advises to buy good stocks well before they move or report (which is a gamble as well) and not guess ahead of quarterly reports.


Feb 9, 2024, 3:26 PM

You are correct. 

I also like to build up good habits of doing some research, broadening my knowledge of different business through this earning season. If I can continue to do analysis using those tools like tipranks, IBD digital, so I can get more familiar with those tools, and learn how to read more about business on earnings date. It does not hurt too much if I set stop loss, and also check Morningstar for those companies with moat. 

I need to do one hour a week for the stock I have. Today I work on SABRE stock, 9500 shares, I learned that there is a new board member - using bing chat to share the content

sABRE new board member harvard graduate
Certainly! Elaine Paul, a seasoned finance executive and Harvard graduate, has been elected to Sabre Corporation’s Board of Directors. This change was announced recently, reflecting the company’s commitment to enhancing its board composition. Additionally, Zane Rowe and Rachel Gonzalez will retire from the company’s board 

I just did this morning to purchase 100 shares of pypl stock, purchase at 57.33, and sold 57.92. My Nike stock went up and my loss is less now. 

I have to go back to study more about my position of SABRE stock, earnings date on Feb. 15, 2024. 

Follow up on Feb. 29, 2024

Bet on SABR earnings, without any stop loss settings, and then enjoyed SABR went up 6% on Feb. 14, 2024, and then caught up on 20% loss, and did not want to take risk to stop loss, and then another 25% loss. 










No comments:

Post a Comment