Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Catalan number

Nov. 8, 2017

I will write something here about the algorithm. Will come back very soon.

Transcript is here. I will write down the story later on.



Follow up 


January 17, 2018

It is the advantage of mock interview. I learned the algorithm after I had practive over a few times. But some one with very good talent on algorithm just showed me his way to solve the problem.

The peer just wrote down a 5 x 5 matrix using x to reprent each number, and then he went over the first row, to start from the first row from left to right, write down one for each column; and then go to next row, and then quickly from left to right, add the value underneath and left neighbor in the same row. He finished the process in less than 5 minutes, and then showed me the calculation of value for n = 4.

It is the best coaching experience for me. I learn that some one is much better than me to understand the algorithm. And after mock interview, the peer told me that he got some training in competitive programming before.

No comments:

Post a Comment