Thursday, December 7, 2017

Binary search algorithm is very classical

Dec. 7, 2017

Introduction


It is learning process to practice mock interview. So many things are not under control. For example, today I attended 10:00 PM mock interview, time passed and I was matched with one after five minutes passed by. The peer said that the laptop has camera and audio issue, if I like to stop then I can do that. I offered my cellular phone number to make a phone call to get audio at least. And then the peer joined with audio on.

Binary search is such a challenging algorithm, I observed how the peer wrote code but somehow I did not take my opportunity to step in, gave the peer some hint to put the peer back in track.

Feedback 


Here is the evaluation I got. I need to work on communication.

I need to learn how to take mock interview seriously, no matter what happens at the beginning. Treat the peer like my customer. I have to show the peer how good I can solve binary search algorithm, it is give and take, win win solution. My best solution is here, I just got it after more than three practice. It does not matter the array is ascending order or not, I will get rid of half of array in my search each step. That is showing my attitude, head on to solve the problem.

Do not hold grudges. I still remembered that I waste hours to try to simplify the algorithm recently. Here is the blog about my last practice.

One bible verse to help 


It is good practice to review some bible verse before or after mock interview. Today I like to choose this bible verse help me to improve. Also I like to take chance to learn a few words. This bible verse is hard to remember word by word. I will give it a try next few days.

Ephesians 4:31-32 ESV / 694 helpful votes 

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.


anger
bitterness
clamor (?)
forgiving
kind
malice
slander (?)
tenderhearted
wrath (?)

Remember Chinese version first:

以弗所书 4:31-32Chinese Contemporary Bible (Simplified) (CCB)

31 要从你们当中除掉一切的苦毒、恼恨、怒气、争吵、毁谤和邪恶。 32 总要以恩慈、怜悯的心彼此相待,要互相饶恕,正如上帝在基督里饶恕了你们一样。

No comments:

Post a Comment