Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Book reading: Competitive Programmer's Handbook

March 27, 2018

Introduction


It is my 10:00 pm mock interview as an interviewer. I never expected that I will interview a senior who will prepare Google onsite in 3 weeks. So I did ask two algorithms I studied today, and then I was so surprised to learn how good the peer gave his analysis, and also I learned the algorithm from his analysis.

I was told to read the book called: Competitive programmer's handbook by Antti Laaksoen, Draft December 10, 2017.

Advice from the peer


1. read Competitive Programmer's Handbook
2. 200+ on leetcode  - top 100 question
2.1 strong at DP - don't have to solve every DP
2.2 graphs -> open that topic and solve medium and hards

3. 10 minutes to solve a question -> look up the best solution for this problem -> don't code it immediately -> wait 2-3 days at least

No comments:

Post a Comment