Saturday, March 10, 2018

How to read the algorithm?

March 10, 2018

Introduction


I reviewed the mock interview this January 25, 2018 as an interviewee, I was asked to solve the algorithm to find shortest continuous subarray that contains all of the values from the set. After a few minutes to go over keywords, I told the interviewer that the algorithm is exactly the same one I practiced over 20 times last few months called "Find minimum substring containing all unique keys".

How to read the algorithm?


Here is what I did, I wrote down keywords:

Keywords:
 given a set with integer -> >0, distinct
 given an random integers
Ask for: 
Shortest -> greedy
continuous -> stop -> 
subarray -> 
return subarray itself ->
minLength =


Algorithm review


I just copied my analysis with pseudo code from the mock interview. The interviewer told me to go over the algorithm with him using pseudo code, so I did explain the algorithm in detail.

Here is the mock interview practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment