Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Case study: Dec 2011 Scotiabank statement of credit card

Dec. 25, 2018

Introduction


It was Christmas season, I got an invitation from a church friend in Florida to visit Seattle, and I had a road trip to Seattle. I like to write a blog to document the expenses and figure out what I should cut expenses on.

My expenses


I looked up the statement and could not find the expenses on hotel, so I knew that I have friends and got offer to stay two nights in Seattle.

What I did in those two days road trip in the city of Seattle?

I shopped clothes for my self, paid gas, and visited the future of flight.

I paid $407.24 for cloth shopping.
I paid $121.62 for gas.
I paid $210.73 Canada clothing shopping as well.

I went future of flight, I paid $20.93 for the ticket of museum.

What I missed?


My friend worked for Amazon in the city of Seattle. I was invited to attend the church service of Sunday, and learned how Christian celebrated their Christmas together with other families.

I had get-together with friends from Florida as well.

One thing is that I did not plan very well spiritually. I went for expensive cloth shopping. I should set upper limit for a trip - only one shopping less than $100.00 dollars.

I should visit the downtown of Seattle, and spend time to study Amazon as a company, its technology and stock price.


One thing is to find my own way to make a fortune with low salary compared to Amazon, I need to find my own way to make a fortune. The way I can do is to purchase a condo in the city of Chilliwack, push myself to be a landlord. Even though it was the first time I had a full time job whole year again since I got laidoff in 2007.

Dec. 23, 2011 Amazon stock price            $177.28
Dec. 25, 2018 Amazon stock price          $1343.96

Actionable Items


I had compulsive shopping and purchased $1800.00 dollar for one SONY laptop in 2002, after one year I got laidoff and as a home maker. And this statement on Dec. 2011 I made purchase of clothing over $600.00 dollars. So my problem of impulsive shopping still persisted.

One solution is to set an upper limit to $150 dollar/ month. Never spend over $150/ month any time in my life again. This is the first time in my life that I have to be very carefully since I am single; I have hard time to be responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment