Saturday, March 30, 2019

Case study: 23 years in North America

March 30, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I learn that I do not have enough time to work on my personal finance research, I did not start early first year 1996. There are so many things to learn and I am not ready to manage my cash and let them all park in the money market fund. Where did my time go? What are top 10 waste in my last 23 years in North America?

Case study


Top No. 1

Most of biggest waste is to talk and chat with my mom from 1999 to 2010. I stopped learning by myself, and most of time I spent time to chat with my mom using long distance calls.

I spent over thousands US dollars for international long distance calls with my mom and my relatives. I did not say enough no to my mom on those expenses.

Top No. 2

Cloth shopping.

I spent 22 shopping trips from 2011 to 2015 to Bellingham, WA state. I wasted those money over $5,000 US dollars on clothes. Also I spent over 4 hours on round trip, total hours at least hundreds of hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment