Friday, November 1, 2019

2019 review: do I write enough code?

Introduction


It is the first day in November. I like to review how many code I write in C#, JavaScript, html and CSS code. I like to see if the quality of my work matters more compared to the amount of code I write.

Github history

I can quickly look up how many codes I check in on github in 2019 for my full time job. I am the only developer as a full stack programmer. I did not write a lot of code at all. Most of time, I will take some time to warm up CSS, html and JavaScript, C#, and then I will write some code less than a few days for a feature update. 


10 years experience


I think that I am a very competitive programmer in terms of writing applications, like web page, or I learn something related to web technology. I can just quickly go over the technology, and then go over some sample code, and then I can quickly come out the guess how many hours work I should spend to complete the project.


Focus on training


I also need to work on a lot of things related to website maintenance, understand the code I wrote before. I do not need to write code in order to support the business, and I can move the business logic to high organized manner, like JavaScript array, a table in the database, so I do not need to write code.

Sometimes I cannot remember the logic I put together, I need to debug the code and then figure out the design; sometimes it takes some time to change the code and test the code to make it more efficient. But I try to evaluate whole project, do not focus on too much detail one a small section.

As a programmer, I like to see how I can maintain high quality service using website to serve other business needs.

Leetcode training


In 2009, I practice over hundred Leetcode algorithms.

Nov. 20, 2018  320
March 26       371
April 24       392
Oct. 17        433
Nov. 11        451

Here is Leetcode source code folder. I checked in 70 C# files in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment