Thursday, January 30, 2020

First 50 hours learning Rest API

Jan. 30, 2020

Introduction


It is the first time I spent over 50 hours to work on Rest API since I had a full time job starting from June 2010. I like to write down some notes about this experience, and I like to share my experience.

First 50 hours


It is not easy for me to find those 50 hours to work on learning. I had some issues in terms of learning the technology, and I decided to take some courses from Linkedin learning, and then read some articles to get more detail as well.

My ideal learning is to watch one hour video, a linkedin learning course related to web API, and then find some keywords, and then find some good articles to read.

If I do this combo once every day, then I can build up my interest; also I am always learning and happy.

For example, I spend one hour first to watch a course on Linkedin learning, Designing RESTful APIs, and then read the article.


I also read 100 pages of Restful web service by Leonard Richardson Chapter 1 to 5, and a tutorial web page about restful api.


Actionable Items


My research ability was not so good. It took me near 10 years for me to figure out that I should choose correct technology.



No comments:

Post a Comment