Thursday, January 30, 2020

Why Linkedin learning courses are so good?

Jan. 30, 2020

Introduction


I took time to read Restful web service 5 hours, and then compare to less than 5 hours learning from Linkedin learning courses related to Restful web service. I like to write a short research why Linkedin learning courses are so good in terms of quality of content and also teaching styles.


Why Linkedin courses are so good


I like the presentation of the instructor, and also I am surprised that the content are much better compared to youtub.com or other online learning course. 

I am working Restful web service, system design. So I also am surprised that there is really a good industrial expert who shares the experience as well. 

More detail about quality of lectures:

1. Perfect English with transcript, I also like to learn how to speak like that. I am working on it using those lecture transcript.
2. Understand what is most important to teach, those quizes are well-prepared, a few times I fail and then can go back to video to review the content.
3. The speed of teaching is quick enough and I could not catch so many contents by reading a book.

For example, I spent time to read REST PH.D. dissertation a few hours but I could not really understand; so I spent one hour to learn REST six constraints from the  lecture, and then google for more detail to find an article, I understand better and also take a break; I think that is not so good to wear headset over two hours.


4. The lecturer is very good to master the content, but also master the art to share the content in subtle way, I feel so comfortable to continue to learn.

One of lecturers is also very good writer, here is the article I like to read.


https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/2010-2019-decade-review-morten-rand-hendriksen/

"What followed was three months of intensive research on how JavaScript is taught and how to do it better. It was the most complex and intense course I had done to date, and we had an absolute blast putting it together. On my plan for 2020 is a complete reworking of the course to bring it up to current standards, and I am very excited."

No comments:

Post a Comment