Saturday, April 11, 2020

5 investment accounts went down bear market game together

April 11, 2020

Introduction


It is my learning process as an investment as 53 year old. I let five of my investment accounts went down bear market game together, and then finally I felt so relax to take care of those loss, and felt much better today. But I should review what are my decision process.

5 accounts went down bear market game together


I have 5 investment account, I can stop three of accounts in less than one hour.

First two accounts, $10,000 with Scotia bank. If I stop the plan, then I have to make an appointment, but I was too busy. I could not make it.

I have an account with Questrade.com, with TFSA over $68,000 dollars. It is easy for me to sell when I have all profits over $2500. I can keep one small acount like Par 401 K, and then reduce my risk to minimum.

I have an account with Ameritrade.com, best brokerage company. It should be so easy for me to sell over $2,000 dollars unrealized gains and then avoided the bear market loss, and then I could dive in when SPX was 2200.

Mint summary of investment account


Feb. 27, 2020 to April 11, 2020


Lessons learned through bear market


I like to write down what I learn from bear market, what I should learn should help me to generate more confidence on stock market. I like to find opportunities to build wealth through investment opportunities I choose.

Less than $6000 dollars unrealized losses is not so depressing, since I learn how to deal with my anxiety better when market swings down over 30% to 40%. It is important for me to learn as a long term invester, do not time the market.

March 16, 2020, I was panic and planned to sell 25% equity. Here is the blog.
March 27, 2020, I purchased distressed oil stock, here is the blog. And one week later, on April 2, 2020, I wrote a blog about 20% gains. Here is the blog.

Actionable Items


I have to ask myself deep in the heart. Why did I choose to let all my investment account go through bear market instead of taking 6% profit to run and avoid bear market from Feb. 6 2020.

One of ideas I thought about is that 6% does not last too long. If I save in CD it will take 4 years to get those profit. What is my goal to double the money? So I like to go through the process and see how many opportunities will come out, how many issues I have to work on before I can succeed as a long term investor.

So do not time the market. Do not panic, it is my original plan. I already spent over thousand hours to study, I should not worry about too much the pain, market will come back after three years for my balance portfolio.



No comments:

Post a Comment