Introduction
It is surprising that I found the feature to review balance history day by day on Questrade.com. I like to review my balance history, and I like to compare to my Key largo portfolio.
Case study
Here is the report I generated by Export to Excel product feature.
By lookup balance history of my Key largo IRA portfolio, I looked up the following dates on this Victoria TFSA portfolio.
Date unrealized gains(losses)
10/25/2019 $418.74
11/22/2019 $1559.99
12/20/2019 $1972.36
1/24/2019 $2427.01
2/19/2020 $2775.53
3/6/2020 (36.36)
3/12/2020 (7274.58)
3/23/2020 (9,068.98)
4/09/2020 (2270.28)
Balance history
It is not easy to get balance history from TFSA. I have to get the balance day by day.
I remembered the joy I had from Dec. 1 2019 to Feb. 19, 2020. I noticed that my TFSA has over $2000 dollar gains, and I was so happy and tried to get some fund from US bank. I did not care about Coronavirus in China, and I did not pay attention to learn the impact, how fast it changes the whole economy.
How to read the loss report?
Based on my experience after 2009 panic sale, 10 years from 2009 to 2019's return is less than 1.2% average annual return. On March 23, the loss is 16%. In other words, if I am panic, then it will take me 16 years to recover. I am a 53 year old, and after 13 years, I will be 66 year old.
More calculation
It takes me another 20 minutes to make some modification on market change calculation.




No comments:
Post a Comment