Monday, January 25, 2021

Equity research: Missing first $10,000 dollars gains in one day

 Introduction

I like to teach myself to work on equity research, but not a day trader. I like to push myself to take some risk to find discount stocks, and then see if I can make significant gains on the investment. I made the mistake to sell the first day surfing. Next business day I missed 4800 shares with 9888 dollars gains. 

Day trader mindset

I like to correct my behavior as a day trader mindset. I do not like to take loss even if it is temporary market swing. I like to have experience to own 4800 shares of EXPR. My record was 4 minutes to own it, and I was heart-pumping to rush to sell and surprised that the price was 20 cents/ share up in 4 minutes. 4 minutes 960 dollars gain, but I missed another 10,000 dollars in one business day. 

I did not act like cool investor, think about value of the stock. I need to find ways to correct my behavior as an investor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment