Monday, November 27, 2017

Internet Information Server 8.0 administration

Nov. 27, 2017

Introduction


I started my preparation today to ask myself what is IIS-IUsers, why it should assign the privilege to browser the folder? 

First, I spent 10 - 20 minutes to read questions about IIS-IUsers and IUSRSecond, I read application pool questions, and then started to play with application pool and then my test site had some issue to show the image, I checked the web browser debugger, and then fixed the issue. Once I started to interact with IIS 8.0 and then I like to know more about IIS system design. 

Reading is so much fun and also help me a lot as an administrator. 

Here is the list of articles I went through, I spent whole day Nov. 27 to learn and play with IIS 8.0, went through a lot of learning by going through articles one by one.

Nov. 28, 2017
It is time to get organized. Go to google history and find the list of articles I read yesterday, and then review the content, document the rookie to be an administrator of IIS 8.0. It takes time to build up the knowledge. Baby steps are always fun part of learning.

Interview questions

10 minutes to read:
IIS Adminstrator Interview Questions and Answers, the link is here. (rank 5 of 10)

Top 50 IIS Admin interview questions, the link is here.

Technical article


Nov. 28, 2018
IIS 8.0 Using ASP.NET 3.5 and ASP.NET 4.5  (60 minutes to read, after I spent time to go over the content, I decided to print a paper copy, and then plan to review the content, and mark the content if need. Need to spend more time to look into some keywords)

Technical article


Nov. 28, 2018

Learn how to enable both ASP.NET 3.5 and ASP.NET 4.5 on IIS 8.0. The link is here.

Role-based or Feature-based installation

Name a few role services:

Management Tools
IIS Management Console,

Web Server

Common HTTP Features (Default Document, directory browsing, HTTP errors), Health and Diagnostics (HTTP Logging)

IIS 8.0 Using ASP.NET 3.5 and ASP.NET 4.5  (60 minutes to read, after I spent time to go over the content, I decided to print a paper copy, and then plan to review the content, and mark the content if need. Need to spend more time to look into some keywords)

Technical article


google search ".NET v4.5 classic application pool"

Read the article here:


Technical article


Google search: asp.net IIS server 401 unauthorized

stackoverflow article is here.

Technical article


Top 8 Application-Based IIS Server Performance Tips

The article link is here.

Application Pool Identity Google search


Google search: application pool identity

The article titled Application Pool identities, the link is here.   - 20 minutes to review again.

One argument Nov 28th Day 2017


Julia is kind of rush the first day learning, and second day she usually learns more. Yesterday she learns like a monkey. Today she learns like a scholar. 

As a monkey style learner, she just quickly goes over as many articles as possible, and see if she can make some sense on any article first. Learn a few things first. 


Will come back later.

1 comment: