Saturday, November 24, 2018

Celebration of 19 years ownership of a condo

Nov. 24, 2018

Introduction


Life is so tough to go through year by year, decade by decade, but something is always true that I have to be responsible as a home owner, it is the third decade. I need to serve people for housing, and also get into the market and find renter, and find people to do maintenance work. So it is time for me to celebrate 19 years ownership.

Lessons learned from a owner


Customer-obsession leadership 
It was time for me to replace a new central air conditioning in 2017 hot summer in Florida. I replaced a new central AC, which costed me $4600 Canadian dollars. It was $3500 US dollars.

The last renter told me that over three years ago the AC will last another three years, I paid $350 service call.

The profit is very low compared to the cost of monthly maintenance and also property tax, and the risk is very high; To run the place, the cost is high than I think. I also have to maintain the place.

I remembered back in 2001, I took all carpet by myself in one of bedrooms. I learned that the hourly rate I saved is $3.00/ hour for over 30 hours, a weekend. I learned a few story about being poor and struggle, and the story touched my heart again and again when I recalled the story. One day I will write down.

Hurricane - Wilma
There are a few hurricanes I had memory. The most worst one is Hurricane Wilma.

I like Florida urban life style near Florida Atlantic university.

Market value

I wish that I have learned more from the experience as a owner. This is the first time I wrote a blog to help me learn things about market value and what is time to get in the market in British Columbia.

Here is the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment