Sunday, November 25, 2018

How to close a home equity loan and pay it off?

Nov. 25, 2018

Introduction


It is my person finance month. I did close my home equity loan account and the amount is $25,000 US dollars. I like to write down a few lessons I learn, over 4 thousands dollars interest mistake I made.


My story


My syndrome is called no action and being a victim. I do not think smart and find some idea how to solve the issue. When the Canada dollar value from 1.00 to 76 cents, I have no clue what to do. One day I feel so excited that my US condo and rent will go up, next day I worry about the payment on my home equity loan, I have to use Canadian dollars to purchase those US dollars.

Facts and dilemma


The over $25,000 us dollars home equity I paid over $700 interest, see my Mortgage interest statement; Same amount money earns interest less than $150 Canadian dollars. And the canadian dollar loses value from 1.0 to 0.76 from 2010 to 2017. Those interest payment in US adds up to $5000 us dollars.

My conclusion is that a person with good learning of personal finance will figure out a solution in a month; but I do not have time to study and figure out by myself.


Jan. 19, 2019 12:51PM

Actionable Items


I need to work on the research, and also put down the list of numbers for me to look into. I should come out actionable items to make profit, and avoid loss.



No comments:

Post a Comment