Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Case study: My car maintenance

Dec. 26, 2018


Introduction


It is hard for me to write a case study about my car maintenance from 2010 to 2018. I carefully review those expenses and also my experience to drive the car with problems, I think that it is very alarming and the topic is far more serious compared to personal finance.

Am I a problem solver?


I went in this Chinese auto shop for engine oil change in 2010 first week in Canada. Since I imported my Ford Explorer in Canada, I need to install day night on my car. Compared to Canadian tire $120/ hour rate, I found the Chinese autoshop charges $60/ hour. I chose to go for the cheap hour rate.

Did I make good choice? I did not know how complicated the work shop was and how dangerous situation I may put myself in because of fraud and all kinds of surprising incidents one after the other.

I went to Chinese auto shop for oil change in 2012. After one week, I got the signal light to check brake fluid. So I went to Richmond Ford dealership for the check. I was told that brake fluid is empty. I paid brake fluid added to my car.

I went back to the Chinese auto shop later on, and I complained to the owner of Chinese auto shop. The owner told me that mechanic was not happy since I did not do other repair he asked. So he let my brake fluid empty.

The one is the small incident, costed me over $100 dollars and other inconvenience. But I still chose to stay with the Chinese auto shop.

And then there are more strange things to happen again and again. $500 for rotor change, and numerous repairs on the way.







No comments:

Post a Comment