Saturday, December 29, 2018

Case study: 2009 Composite 1099 statement

Dec. 29, 2018

Introduction


I started to invest on stock market from year 2000. But I decided to quit in 2009 since I had to handle my appeal for leave case. I told myself to concentrate on immigration.

Case study


I learned that it was a bad decision. For me to learn something, specially on stock market, it was so painful for me to learn that I lost $3000 on the stock I chose in 2009, $3000 on 401 K I picked at work in 2007.

To close the account, say goodbye forever to the stock market. I did that in 2009.

I did not spend time to download all statements. Right now, I know that back in 2007 and 2008, how busy I was in terms of working for a startup. But in other hand, as a person with some management experience, I do not do the basic things.

I could not know how much money I started, how much money I put into stock market from my checking account.

Basic steps to learn 


I have to start to learn how to do better work in terms of decision making in terms of personal finance.

Download statements, and read the market, and analyze the market, and make some sound decision, hold on 72 hours, and consult some advice if possible, and then make a small step first, date my money until I learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment