Saturday, December 29, 2018

Case study: Close stock account and IRA stock account in 2010 March 10

Dec. 29, 2018

Introduction


I started to invest on stock market from year 2000. But I decided to quit in 2009 since I had to handle my appeal for leave case. I told myself to concentrate on immigration.

Case study


I learned that it was a bad decision. For me to learn something, specially on stock market, it was so painful for me to learn that I lost $3000 on the stock I chose in 2009, $3000 on 401 K I picked at work in 2007. After I came back to USA to get F1 visa in 2008, I lost more than $6,000 on stock account. I will do a case study and push myself to learn how to understand the economy and stock market.

To close the account, say goodbye forever to the stock market. I did that in 2009.

Actionable Items


I like to make March 10 as a remembrance day for my personal finance. I like to push myself to learn economics. At least I should understand the basic cycles and learn how to play with the cycles.

I should stay open to stock market and learn to play the market as a long term investor. Since the time was on my side in 2010.

I closed IRA stock account in March 10, 2010. I signed the form called SDIRA Distribution Request.

No comments:

Post a Comment