Monday, July 1, 2019

A friend makes the world connected

July 1, 2019

Introduction


It is a long story. I met this young undergraduate student on pramp.com in Apri 1, 2018. One week ago, he messaged me if I am still working on algorithm practice, he asked me if I can help him to prepare Facebook onsite in September, 2019. I said yes.

First mock interview


Since I am preparing the first technical phone screen in 2019, the young talent offered me a mock interview. He is the interviewer.

I opened a github repository for our meetup. Here is the repository.

Actionable Items


I need to get more mock interview on pramp.com in next week. I need to learn how to perform under stress as an interviewee.

Here are lessons I learned through the mock interview.

1. I should ask the intervewer to clarify the requirement first, space is O(1).
2. I should work on time complexity and what I can achieve in my design.
3. The interviewer spent 50 minutes to discuss with me. He gave out hint too quickly, he dropped hints more than twice.
4. He asked me what edge cases I can come out.
5. He gave me test cases to work on:

1 + 2  + 3
1 + 2 * 3
1 + 2 * 3 * 4
1 + 2 * 3 * 4 * 5
1 + 2 * 3 * 4 * 5 + 6

-------------------------->

To analyze the test case with more than one multiplication, use while loop.
    2 * 3 * 4 * 5
    -------------> while loop

I should have a timer on my screen, so I can calm down and also plan very well what to say, how to approach the problem in most efficient way. I found out by looking at timer once a while in mock interview, I learn how to approach the problem in most efficient way, since I try to avoid complicate solution, compete with most optimal solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment