Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Value of coding: Pass online code screen

 Oct. 27, 2020

Introduction

It is hard for me to define the value of good coding skills. I definitely have a lot of room to improve in terms of debugging and troubleshoot. I also noticed that I will get nervous when things get tough and clock is ticking. 

Value of coding

It is hard for me to find time to write so many algorithm in short time period. What I can do is to stay consistent, and work continuously for another two to three months. I like to complete another 60 algorithms. 

When I am in trouble with failed test cases, I need to stay calm. I have so many ideas to try. Each idea will cost me at least a few minutes. I should focus on the analysis instead. 

Lessons I learn

  1. I should spend first 10 minutes to go over all those two algorithms first, so that I can figure out which is quick to write and what is challenge. 
  2. Switch back and forth between two algorithms. The goal is to pass assessment; so it is important to solve one and pass online judge, so that I have more confidence in the rest of time. 
  3. Avoid get stuck on the first algorithm. 
  4. I should think about how to train myself better in my practice. Solve more algorithms which are calculation intensive. 
  5. Always go to 1Acre website to look up recently trend, what is concern for those players. What I should look out and what to prepare. Hard working is so important. 



No comments:

Post a Comment