Tuesday, September 18, 2018

A day with five easy level math algorithms (I)

Sept. 18, 2018

Introduction


I like to write a blog to document my day with five easy level algorithms. If I can finish every algorithm in less than 15 minutes, then I only need less than 90 minutes.

It is just one and half hour. And I will be free to do anything else for the day.

True story


The first algorithm 453. Minimum Moves to Equal Array Elements, I misunderstood the problem statement, after I submitted the code, I noticed that n - 1 element should be selected every time, not 2 elements.

And I continued to work on the algorithm, I think that it is too much work to increase one for n - 1 elements, because it can not be determined easily. So I considered the case to change one element to  decrease one instead.

Those two instances takes me extra time. I stopped to work on the easy level algorithm, and started again next morning.

Here is my discussion link on Leetcode.com.

Actionable Items


I need to work on algorithm problem solving every day, so I can improve my reading skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment