Thursday, September 27, 2018

Having good time

Sept. 27, 2018

Introduction


It is surprising to learn that I had good time to work on one algorithm. What I did is to work on the algorithm, first 30 minutes to think about all the ideas. And then I spent another 30 minutes to go over various ideas on leetcode discuss. And then I spent time to write some code based on ideas I chose from those sharings.

I worked on the algorithm called longest word in dictionary, I had such good time to learn how to write Trie data structure, and also learned one solution using quick and easy to write using HashSet.

I also studied grand yang blog and read some tips written in Chinese.

Have good time


Sometimes the programmer can be so easily satisfied and be happy. Sometime it helps me a lot to warm up my brain using an easy level algorithm.

Here is the folder I created on my github for the algorithm.

There are so many good ideas I like to try. I like the idea to sort by word's length. Maybe I should exhaust all possible ideas, and list 10 ideas here.


Ideas about training


I always like to find good ideas to train myself in daily basis. I trained the easy level algorithm using hashset, trie, queue, and then use recursive function.

One of ideas is to train myself every week based on how many times I write on recursive function, hashset, or trie, or tree.

One way to get better is definitely to write code all the time. 

I wish that I can do more to make Leetcode discuss community better, it is very comfortable for me to stay in and continue to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment