Thursday, March 14, 2019

My personal finance research progress report - 2019-03

March 14, 2019

Introduction


It is the first time I decided to start personal finance research started from Nov. 2018. I also like to work on 10,000 hours in order for me to master basic principles, rules, and build very good personal finance habits. I may have spent over 500 hours to study on the personal finance research last 5 months.

Progress report


I like the personal finance research. It is a new world for me. I find that there are so many things to learn, books to read, videos to study, and ideas to think about; I do not have a lot of asset, but I spent 23 years in United States and Canada. This is the first time I like to get educated from youtube.com videos, books and talks.

I like to be a self-learner. I learn from my own experience to how to get a gold medal, top 4% rating from over 10,000 players on hakerrank.com. I know the term called mental toughness.

Here are some highlights I did, and I like to use them to showcase my progress.

1. I make a few purchases of Canadian dollars, called date my money in series, I, II, III, IV .
2. I did some case study based on my citi credit card statements from 1996 to 2017.
3. I also reviewed all documents based on papers, and documented them first.
4. I did spend time to learn stock market, economy, and money, and I find some good mentors.

Milestones of personal finance research

Nov. 12  Home price study, $100,000 up in 2 years
Nov. 14  Mint app
Dec. 15  10-15% saving from paycheck 2010 - 2018
Jan. 14  Francis Kong   personal finance, major leak/ min leak. One pen, one paper, diligent heart
Jan. 16  Citi bank, credit card statements available from 1996 to 2017
Jan. 13  Date my money
Feb. 9   Lottery winner study
Feb. 12  Mental accounting, investor psychology study
Feb. 22  Warren Buffet
March 10 What if I sell the condo in Boca Raton

I started from frustration and worry about housing problem in Vancouver, and then I started to learn personal finance. I found out that I do not do basic personal finance habit check. I do not keep all bank statements, receipts, and I do not do any annual analysis from 1996 to 2017.

I have to push myself to learn and find my personal finance data. One thing is to start to sort out all paper works I saved from 1996 to 2017, and second thing is to find out citi bank credit card statements from 1996 to 2018. I started to analyze those statements.

I also started to work on case studies; whenever I learn things from youtube videos, books, and articles, I also try to apply to myself. I love those case studies.

My top 10 favorite case studies will be listed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment